Monday, November 06, 2006

Where to go

Feeling a bit better than I was on Saturday. A little calmer, though I still want to run away. Ended up going to my sister's house for awhile. The kiddie and I are looking to go away this weekend since she has Friday off school. Not sure where to go, but I know I definitely need to get out of here. The kiddie mentioned doing the Mall of America again, "just cuz we can". Not sure I wanna go back there though.

The weekend after this coming one is the AFSP walk. I've done a lousy job of trying to raise donations. Only got $20 worth. Thankfully it isn't like the overnight walk where you have to raise a grand in order to participate. Not sure if I even should walk. Seems hypocritical to join in a walk for suicide prevention when I'm always feeling suicidal. I won't be walking if no one decides to join me and right now, there is no definite yes from anyone I sent the information to. The kiddie wants to walk with me, but there's no way she could do a 5K walk with her knee being so bad.

Guess I'll just try to focus on this weekend. Pull out the map and see what is within driving distance that might be entertaining. I know the Indianapolis Zoo is a place the kiddie wants to visit because of their dolphin exhibit. It's a crappy drive because there's absolutely nothing to see between here & there, but it isn't very far. Might also check out St. Louis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

hi Sid
Hope you do find someplace decent to go away to. Sometimes it's good to just get away, get some distance. And do have a good time too!

Polar B.

3:44 PM, November 06, 2006  
Blogger Maggs said...

Sid: “Why doesn't the national "DO NOT CALL" list apply to elections???? These people are just as fucking annoying as telemarketers.”

E and I were just talking about this the other day. Very very frustrating. I’ll be glad when today is over. Oh, and come check out St. Louis! Plenty to do here and I’m free this weekend. : ) Spotty rain this weekend but that’s about it. Zoo is free. Meter parking on the street. I can give you free tickets for the events inside that DO cost (Children’s zoo, Bug house, Train). Not sure how much the arch is anymore, but it’s pretty cool.

8:41 AM, November 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home