Thursday, November 16, 2006

Survivors of Suicide Day

The following is from an email I received today from the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Just wanted to share the information in case anyone else is interested.

This Saturday, November 18, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is sponsoring its eighth annual National Survivors of Suicide Day, reaching out to tens of thousands of people who have lost a loved one to suicide. The day of nationwide conferences will connect survivors through a satellite and Internet broadcast, allowing survivors to share their experiences of loss. This network of healing helps survivors connect with others who have survived the tragedy of suicide loss, and express and understand the powerful emotions they experience.

Participation in AFSP's Out of the Darkness Overnight fundraising walk can help to extend and strengthen that connection. Scheduled for the night of June 9-10, 2007 in New York City, the Overnight provides survivors with a safe place to deal with their loss amongst others who have had a similar experience, and a vehicle to empower them to speak out and move on past their pain as advocates for the critical cause of suicide prevention.

A suicide attempt is made every minute of every day. Please don't let another day go by. To register or learn more about the Out of the Darkness Overnight, visit www.theovernight.org or call 888-NIGHT-05 (888-644-4805). To learn more about National Survivor's Day activities, visit www.afsp.org.

In other news, I once again gave in to temptation and ate the forbidden grapefruit. Not only does Seroquel have a warning against eating it, but my new med Eldepryl does too. Could there really be much harm in having an increase of those in my system? I'm certain there's no way the level could rise to anything dangerous seeing as how I'm not on the highest dose of either of them. And how could the levels rise anyway if I'm not eating the grapefruit until hours after I've taken the meds? I know, I'm just trying to justify my rebellion.

I'm pissed off today. Woke up feeling ill, all achy and stuff. While I was at the pharmacy getting my prescriptions filled I asked what I could take since most over the counter cold & flu meds are off limits due to the Eldepryl. Luckily I didn't listen to the pharmacist because he said I could take Sudafed, which I know is on the banned list in all its forms. Guess I'll wait and see how bad I get. Take Tylenol for the aches and fever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home