Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nothing important

Still not feeling quite right in the head but I at least remember some of the things I did today. Nothing overly important. Downloaded Firefox since someone mentioned they couldn't read my blog on there. The problem is corrected for the most part, but I don't understand why my footer isn't showing up at the bottom of the page but is instead being shifted to the right of my blog. Weird. But I fixed what I could since I'm not a computer genius.

I hesitantly also upgraded to the beta blogger. I was worried I'd lose my blogs because I know some people did when it was first released. Guess they worked all those bugs out cuz the process went smoothly. Figured I'd make the move now because I know it's only a matter of time before they require everyone to switch over. Personally I have no use for most of the new stuff they're offering. The one thing I hate is that when you click on the "View Blog" tab while you're creating a post, it doesn't open your blog in a new window like it used to. I liked that feature cuz then I could make sure I wasn't re-posting something I'd already just wrote about a day or two ago. I know I can open a new window on my own & bring my blog up that way, but I miss the one step process they had going.

Went shopping and bought a gift for my nephew's birthday on Sunday. While I was there I did some more Christmas shopping. I buy presents for twelve people each year...my daughter, my parents, my 8 nieces & nephews and help the kiddie buy stuff for her father. I'm happy to say I'm more than half way done. I only have to buy gifts for the kiddie, my mother, one niece, one nephew & something from the kiddie to her father. Not bad considering Thanksgiving isn't even here yet. Dammit, I just remembered I actually have to get two gifts for my mother cuz her birthday is next week.

I'm not looking forward to next week at all. It starts off bad with the birthday party for my nephew on Sunday. I'm not particularly fond of my brother's kids because they love to yell, actually it's more of an ear-piercing scream, especially my nephew. It's not as bad when my niece's birthday rolls around because hers is over the summer and I have the opportunity to hang out indoors while most everyone is outside. But it's gotten too cold so everyone will be inside and usually about 30 people show up. Ugh!

Then comes the whole Thanksgiving fiasco. My older sister is coming down from Michigan with her whole family, so there will be 17 people total this year. Luckily my younger sister has volunteered to have dinner at her house so I don't have to worry about cleaning house or anything. But I can't just eat & disappear to my room like I usually do. Even have to hang around for awhile after dinner because we're having cake to celebrate my mother's and my two brother in law's birthdays.

I'm sorry, but that is just WAY too much family time in one week. I should tell them I'm not mentally well enough to hang around for very long and leave early. That's not even a total lie. When it comes to being around family, I can only last about two hours tops before I want to blow my brains out or drink myself into oblivion.

Guess I'd best get to bed. The kiddie only has a half day of school tomorrow so I can't sleep til 1 pm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Sid-Take it all in stride. If that doesn't work, drink a lot of beer!

1:23 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger sansanity said...

YEAH BABY! the site looks great in firefox now!

i can try to look at your code later (it's kind of what i do for a living--not necessarily well, but they keep paying me for now!) if someone else doesn't solve it before then

8:11 AM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Yeah, I don't like the fact that when you click on View it doesn't open up a new window. I've also managed to move to beta blogger - didn't lose my stuff either, which is good! I would have been hesitant to move over if I had known people have lost their blogs.

Christmas is a difficult time and highly stressful time as well. It sounds like things aren't going to be easy for you. I think there's nothing wrong with saying that you're not well enough to spend much time with your family...

Take care
Polar B.

1:38 PM, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

hi Sid
You got your wish - blogger beta now has a link option to open a new window to view your updated blog. Yay!

Polar B.

2:23 PM, November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home