Friday, June 08, 2007

Easy come...

easy go. That's an easy way to get really pissed off at yourself.

Sometime during the past week I managed to lose a $50 American Express gift card I'd been given for Xmas. It has been in my wallet since December and I noticed today that it isn't there anymore. Of course I'm pissed off that I'm out $50 and someone else gets to revel in their lucky find. But what gets me riled up the most is that fact that I DON'T LOSE STUFF! Ever! That's just not how I operate.

I don't misplace my keys. I don't forget where my sunglasses are. I don't accidentally drop money on the floor while I'm digging in my wallet or pockets. Nothing gets lost on my desk because everything is neatly filed or put away in it's own special spot. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. My only hope is that my daughter found it on the floor here at home, thought it was one of hers and has it in her wallet. I'd rather she spent it than some stranger.

I'd wanted to use the card to buy more memory for my computer in hopes of making this thing run faster. I just never got around to writing down the information they needed at Best Buy so I'd get the right kind. Doesn't pay to put things off. Lesson learned the hard way.

Today is barely half over and I've endured one angry situation after another, some caused by my own stupidity, most caused by other people's stupidity. Another lesson learned the hard way...sometimes you should listen to that voice inside telling you that you're better off staying in bed. That voice is usually right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Oh that sucks!! I hate losing stuff but unfortunately I do it all the time. I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to my body (although sometimes I feel like my head is off up in outer space). Anyway I lose keys, my glasses, sunglasses, wallet and even pay checks (when I was still working). Ugh.

I hope the card is with your daughter.

5:47 PM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home