Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Prediction

One year ago today I got the Vagus Nerve Stimulator implanted into my body for my treatment resistant depression. I predict that within the next year I will reach the end of my tolerance rope and cut it out of my own chest to finally be rid of the damn thing. What a complete waste of money. Medicare and Medicaid should sue the manufacturer for a refund of the money they paid out. The surgeon that implanted it should sue as well since he didn't get paid a penny for the work he performed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you already told me, but even if they took it out, there's still a part that has to stay in, right? I don't know, Sid. If they said 6 mos. - 2 years, I might give it another year. It's already in there. :S

1:12 AM, June 07, 2007  
Blogger MB said...

I'd never heard of the VNS before so decided to look it up on the net.....and they all seem to relate it to electroconvulsive therapy. Is this something only offered in the US?

6:05 AM, June 07, 2007  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

It is upsetting to learn that the VNS has not afforded any relief for you. Treatment resistent depression is a subject that doesn't get as much attention as it should. My heart aches knowing that you feel so despairing about it all. I hope the professionals working with you can help you support you need. I know it is hard, from both ends of the patient doctor spectrum.

8:16 AM, June 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home