Friday, October 08, 2010

Signs I've gone manic

For the past six years I've fallen into a major depression each fall. This year however, after a brief glimpse of what appeared to be a continuation of that cycle, everything shifted and swung in the other direction..BIG TIME. I'm so fucking wired I was exercising at 3 am this morning because I couldn't sleep and couldn't keep still.

Other signs I've gone manic...

  1. I've gone Christmas shopping and it isn't even Halloween. I try to go early each year so I can find the gifts I want at cheaper prices and to avoid the crowds, but this is just WAY too early, even for me.

  2. I've cleaned the entire house. Three times. In the same week. And I'm fighting the urge to clean it again.

  3. I didn't realize I hadn't eaten anything in the last two days until my father asked if I'd like some dinner tonight.

  4. I want sex. Normally I find my body so absolutely repulsive that I'd prefer to never have sex again than even entertain the idea of being naked in front of someone. Right now, I'd run naked through the streets if it meant I was getting laid.
So far I'm not bothered by any of it, except maybe the lack of sleep. I'm getting things done and I'm in a really good mood. Even though the thoughts are racing by, my head feels uncluttered. Of course if this continues on for another week I'll be screaming to make it stop, but I'm going to enjoy it now while it still feels good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donda said...

I am so jealous. I need a happy manic...just for a little while.

8:10 PM, October 08, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you are enjoying the ride. Oh to be in the throws of mania...bliss.

9:07 PM, October 08, 2010  
Blogger Sairs said...

I also miss my mania. I've been depressed all year, when I've spent the last two years on and off manic :-/

11:12 PM, October 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home