Sunday, April 01, 2012

30 days, 30 posts



So today is the first day of the Health Activist Writer's Month Challenge from WegoHealth.com that I decided to take part in. I usually ignore emails from people asking me to do stuff via my blog such as requesting me to be a guest writer on their blog, requesting to be a guest writer on my blog or asking me to pimp their site on mine because they've given me some type of random award for being one of the most boring, snarkiest, or whatever, blogs around.

I'm sure some find it rude that I never respond back when asked to do these things, so to clear this up once and for all...I don't write my blog to get accolades from anyone. I don't write it in hopes I'll have a million followers someday. If I don't write anything for weeks or months at a time, I don't need someone to come in and write for me. This is my blog. I write for me. It's a place for me to remove some of the junk in my head to make room for new junk. If people can relate to what I write, I think that's great (or maybe that's depressing since most of what I write is related to mental illness), it's always good to know we are not alone in our struggles.

I don't mean to come off as an uncaring bitch by saying all that. I can certainly appreciate awards and guest writers and all that, but when it comes to my blog, I don't find any of it helpful or useful. There is also a part of me that is just incredibly paranoid about who these strangers are that are sending me these emails. I wonder if I am going to be scammed by someone or something that I never wanted to be involved with in the first place.

Anyway, as for the 30 posts in 30 days...my decision to take part lies mostly with the challenge of returning to blogging on a more regular basis, something I haven't been doing for the last year or two. If I can make it through one post a day for 30 days, maybe it will give me the incentive to keep going after those 30 days are up. There's certainly plenty of stuff in the jacked-up organ in my head, otherwise known as a brain, that really needs to come out.

1 Comments:

Blogger FishRobber said...

I'm glad to see you're inspired to write some more. I am with you 100% about the awards. If you have more than 5 followers, one of them will nominate you for something. The funny part is that some people haven't realized blog awards have the same exchange rate as rupees or yen.

6:29 PM, April 02, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home