Wednesday, April 11, 2012

We'll both be okay

Just noticed that I'm nearing 1,200 posts on this blog. Should we celebrate? Yeah, no, I don't think so either. Not sure exactly how many posts I'm away from hitting that milestone because I have a handful of drafts that I started writing but never published. A couple are topics that I know I will probably address eventually, so I haven't deleted them yet. Another couple were just a scribbling of mental notes, things to talk to my therapist about, that kind of thing.

Didn't bother with the IRS today. Wasn't mentally up to that kind of challenge. Didn't really do much of anything today. Picked up a prescription and the fundraising jar we left at our favorite salon for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event the kiddie is doing. Kind of disappointed that the amount in the jar was so low. There's a lot of traffic through that salon and it's not like the same people are returning there day after day. I know times are hard, but seriously, if you've got the money to go to the salon, surely you can spare a dollar or even 50ยข.

The kiddie sent a text earlier that her and her boyfriend were going to look at an apartment. They've tried to look at these particular ones a couple of times, but no one has been available to show them. I've seen pictures of the place online and they're nothing special, but the price is decent. The location is good too, probably a little bit better than where she currently lives and she's only about a block away from the quad.

I'm scared and excited for her to get her first apartment. Excited because she really needs to learn how to live on her own. Scared because I feel like she's too attached to me and won't make it on her own. No matter how much I push her to be independent, she still keeps coming back to me for help with things she should be doing on her own. When her best friend was over on Monday, the kiddie mentioned being homesick as to why she has come home just about every single weekend this school year. Last year it was harder for her to come home cuz she was so far away and they didn't have a car. This year her boyfriend has a car and we're only about 45 minutes apart, so they've even come home during the week a few times to celebrate birthdays and stuff.

I wonder if she's worried about what's going to happen to me once she leaves. Am I going to have a breakdown or something. Even if I assured her I won't, I'm not sure she'd believe me. Guess I'll just keep nudging her away until she gets the hint that it's okay for her to move on. That we'll both be okay apart and on our own.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you girl...every bird has to find a way to fly on their own.

2:46 AM, April 12, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home