Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Ending my participation

Day 3 and I'm ending my participation in the Health Activist Writer's Challenge. I didn't read the instructions properly and therefore didn't realize the challenge required me to use the prompts they provide. Sorry, but I don't find most of them interesting enough to write about or they required me to dream of things I don't dare allow myself to in order to avoid further disappointment in my life. Today's was to think of what superpower I'd want and how would I use it. Superpowers aren't real and even if they were, I doubt I'd want one because they always seem to come with immense responsibility.

I also felt I should stop because of something that was written in the description for today's prompt:

"Health Activists have the gift (and to an extent, responsibility) of representing various health communities and, in the process, help people feel empowered.

If that's the criteria for an activist, that certainly excludes me and this blog. I just write whatever comes to mind or whatever I happen to be struggling with; and that includes some of my negative opinions surrounding psychiatric care. I highly doubt anyone that's ever read my blog felt empowered afterwards.

I still plan to try and write 30 days in a row though. Maybe it will be good therapy and will help me to get moving, get me more interactive with life instead of just sitting on the couch wishing I could ignore my own existence.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I decided not to do that challenge either as I didnt like the writing prompts and neither did I for the A-Z challenge. I also need to write more via jump start my brain a little since Im kind of in a rut. I have started playing one question wed.

4:25 AM, April 04, 2012  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've tried this, as well as other daily challenges, before. Like you said, the prompts can be boring. Sometimes they're absolutely inane. I also don't like the pressure of "I must write every day." Just keep writing the way you do. I don't always comment, but I do read.

6:50 AM, April 04, 2012  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

@ Kristy - I've never heard of the A-Z challenge. I did read the info for one question Wednesday but still not really sure how that works. I'd have to see some of the questions people ask.

@ Sheri - Never even thought about the pressure aspect. Now that you mentioned it, I'm sure after the first week or two I'd probably be feeling it.

12:32 AM, April 05, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home