Sunday, April 08, 2012

Brief hello

So my sister, the one that lives out of state that I no longer talk to, stopped by the house today to visit with the old people. Guess she was in town babysitting my other sister's kids while they were on Spring Break and wanted to stop by on her way home to give her condolences to my dad. His best friend of many, many years passed away on Wednesday.

The kiddie and I were in the process of cleaning when she decided to come downstairs and say hi. I said a brief hello to acknowledge her presence, turned the vacuum back on and continued cleaning. I guess she's decided that after a year of silence, it's now okay with her to resume normal relations as if nothing ever happened.

A better way of handling the situation would have been to listen to anything she might have wanted to say, but I'm sorry, you don't get to come and go from my life as you please. She chose to leave my life and with that, I'm now the only one that can decide whether to let her back in or not.

I keep thinking of that saying "if you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best". I think that applies to any close relationship, not just your significant other. The comments that came from her the last time we had contact (which was a year ago this month) show she is either unable or flat out refuses to have any compassion or empathy for what I'm going through. I've had plenty of dysfunctional relationships in my past, I don't need or want any more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I think you have handled well!

1:29 PM, April 08, 2012  
Blogger 8 said...

I'm with you. If someone is intent on hurting you, stay the hell away from them. No matter what.

6:41 PM, April 08, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home