Sunday, July 08, 2012

They aren't worth going to jail over

Rage and anxiety are the emotions of the day. The rage has triggered the anxiety, which has resulted in panic attack after panic attack. Why? Because I feel the homicidal maniac in me wanting to come out and murder my fucking inconsiderate neighbors (yet another example that validates my last post). They're having a party and they started blasting music so loudly that it sounds as if they put a speaker in our house. I wish I were exaggerating here, but I'm not. If it's this loud with the windows closed, I don't want to hear how bad it is with the windows open. It's a shame too, cuz today is the first day in a long time where it isn't unbearably hot outside and it'd be nice to have some fresh air.

My daughter called the cops at 10 am when they started this shit and once the police arrived, they turned the music down. Now they've cranked it back up again. I have absolutely no problem with them having a joyful party with music (even thought I can't fucking stand that Hispanic polka music they're playing), but they apparently don't give two shits that the volume of music is so bothersome to others that the cops have already shown up once.

I'm ready to call the cops again, but I'm so pissed off I'm afraid I'll say something along the lines of "if you don't send someone over to politely tell them to turn it down, I'm going to go over there with a sledgehammer and make sure it's turned down permanently". Not positive if threatening to assault my neighbor's stereo (and possibly anyone that gets in my way) is an arrestable offense, but I think it might fall under assault with a deadly weapon, damage to property, trespassing, etc.

Just gotta keep telling myself, "they aren't worth going to prison over, they aren't worth going to prison over, they aren't worth going to prison over".

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I had a neighbour one time like that. Drove me crazy. I had to move. They would play rap everyday from the morning to the wee hours of the morning every night. Made my moods terrible.

8:15 AM, July 09, 2012  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

For the most part, these neighbors are fairly quiet, but it was completely frustrating that even after the cops came by they didn't get the hint they should at least keep the music down some. Fortunately, they wrapped up the party by 9:30 pm so I didn't have to listen to that noise late into the night.

4:26 PM, July 10, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home