Thursday, September 30, 2004

Proud mommy moment

The kidlet got her mid-quarter grades today, so far she's getting straight A's. I'm so proud of her. She's always been extremely smart and has always done well in school, but it seems this year she's really putting forth that extra effort it takes to get the straight A's. I'm particularly proud of her reading grade. She's one of only two students that has a perfect A+ in the class, meaning she's gotten 100% on every assignment and test they've done so far. Even though I also did well in school, I never pulled that one off.

Guess her dad & I will just keep doing what we've been and continue to stress the importance of doing well in school. We've told her that the effort she puts forth now will have an impact on high school, college, her whole future. If she forms good study habits now, she's setting herself up for success. Told her that we can't make her study hard and get good grades, that it is entirely up to her. I still ask her nightly what homework she has and make sure it gets done, but ultimately it is her decision how much effort she's going to put into her studies to make sure she understands what she's being taught.

Hope she continues down the same path she's on now. If she does, I have no doubt she'll be able to make her dreams a reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home