Sunday, September 19, 2004

The week flew by

This past week flew by. I'm trying to think back to what I did during that time, and I'm drawing a blank except for yesterday. Had the garage sale with my sister. Finally got rid of a lot of boxes of junk & clutter, most of which belonged to the kidlet. Old clothes and toys she'd grown out of. All but one box of those damned stuffed animals she's accumulated over the years are finally gone.

This week I need to start working on getting the kidlet moved into the spare room upstairs. That will clear up the rest of the clutter down here in the basement. I can't stand to see everything so disorganized. Everything should have a place and it should be in that spot unless it's being used. Just wish I could get my daughter to learn that. I'm constantly reminding her to put things away when she's done using them because if I don't say anything, she'll just leave everything laying around.

I don't understand how people can function in a space that's so cluttered. I see my daughter panicking and getting mad because she can't find something (the ex does that too, so I know where she got it from) at least once a week. So I calmly tell her that if she had put it away when she was done with it, she'd have no trouble finding it. For some reason that just isn't registering within her brain. Guess everyone is just wired differently.

I'll readily admit I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I'm meticulously organized. So much so that people do say I'm obsessive compulsive about it but I wouldn't go that far. I just like knowing where everything is so that I can find it in a split second. I don't want to have to search for stuff. Don't think there's anything wrong with that. I'm not tripping over stuff trying to walk from one room to the next. I'm not late for appointments because I couldn't figure out where I left my car keys. Wouldn't say I was obsessive about it though. I will leave things out for a day or two without driving myself crazy, but I do try to put things away as soon as possible.

Guess I should write out a schedule for this week like they suggested during group therapy. Think if I don't do that, I'll never get that room upstairs ready for my daughter. Just need to make sure I keep the tasks simple and don't try to take on too much in one day or I'll start feeling too overwhelmed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home