Friday, April 22, 2005

5 questions

I've joined in and here are the 5 questions Polar Bear gave me...

1. If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be and why?
Figures, the first question would be the hardest. I answered all the other ones first and came back to this one.
Wish#1 - I wish I were rich. Ha, let's start with the greedy part of me first! I know money can't buy happiness, but it can buy quality healthcare so I can get my body & mind in good shape. It can buy a college education so both my daughter and I can make something of ourselves that would make us happy. It can take away the worry of where am I going to live, how am I going to put food on the table and how will I pay the bills. Don't even need to be filthy rich...$5 million would be perfect.

Wish#2 - I wish I had been born into a family where love, support and caring were the priority. Doesn't matter if it was a rich or poor family, if I was an only child or had 10 siblings. I feel if I'd have had those things, my life would be dramatically different.

Wish#3 - I wish there were a magic pill to cure every illness. I originally was going to say only for mental illness because of the way it ravages the mind and the experience I have with it. But decided that no one should have to suffer be it mental or physical. Illnesses effect everyone, whether it's yourself or someone you love, and I'd just like to remove that kind of suffering from everyone's lives.

2. What are the most important things in life for you?
I'm getting two different meanings out of this question, so I'm giving two responses. First I see this question as asking what things are most important in my own life. Only two things are important to me right now...my daughter is #1 and my own mental wellness is #2.

The other meaning I'm getting from this question is what things do I think are most important in life in a general sense. Besides air, food & water, those things would be 1) Love for yourself and at least one other person 2) Knowledge & not just from books but also life knowledge and 3) Contentment, a real faith that you've made the right choices and enjoy your life despite the obstacles. I think if a person has those 3 things, they are living the ideal life.

3. What kind of first impression do you tend to make, and how is this different (or not) from the person you really are?
Ha..this is a good question. The number one thing I have been told by people is that when they first met me they thought I hated them but they had still felt very drawn to me and wanted me to like them. They say they liked my "I don't care what anyone thinks of me, I'm doing my own thing" attitude.

I do have that "I don't care" attitude, but I rarely hate anyone I just met. I'm not trusting of other people and always keep my walls up. Almost never connect with someone right off the bat, so maybe that's why they get the impression I hate them.

4. What are your greatest hopes and dreams for your kiddie?
I want her to love who she is and believe in her own self worth. I want her to be free of mental illness and the emotional pain I've had to endure. I want her to live her dreams of becoming a dolphin trainer at Sea World and of being a writer. Most of all though, I want her never to doubt for a minute that I love her with all my heart.

5. What do you think needs to change for this world to become a better place to live in?
I think everyone needs to learn tolerance, acceptance and be less judgmental. We are all different and we will never see eye to eye on everything. If we'd just see others as thinking, feeling human beings rather than white, black, Catholic, Islamic, handicapped, mentally ill, etc. there would be a lot less violence and hate.

So those are my answers. Best I can give considering how fucked up my head is right now. I'm willing to keep the questions going, so if anyone wants me to give them 5, just let me know. Time to get ready for the play, I'll spew my personal thoughts later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Well done, Sid.

Thanks for answering those questions, even though you're not in a good space right now.

Take care...
Polar Bear

8:29 PM, April 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home