Saturday, April 23, 2005

The power of flowers

Never again will I underestimate the power of giving flowers to someone, regardless of how stupid I believe giving flowers is. The kiddie made a comment after her play on Wednesday about not receiving flowers from her parents. When I inquired why she would even want to be the recipient of such a stupid item, she said it was customary to give flowers to someone after they've put on a performance and to seal the deal to make sure she would receive flowers she said and I quote "especially to your daughter that you love so much".

When she says that, or when she comes up to me out of the blue when I'm watching tv & says 'I love you mommy', you know she really wants something bad. So I got her a dang bouquet of flowers yesterday. Whether or not she knew they were coming didn't seem to matter. Her face lit up brighter than it had since petting the stingrays and sharks in Minnesota.

Per person cost to buy play director a thank you gift - $10
Family admission to play - $15
Price of bouquet of flowers - $10
Look of pure joy on daughter's face upon receiving bouquet after her performance in the play - Priceless

1 Comments:

Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sid,
Your daughter being able to be so open and honest with you and in expressing herself really shows what a great mother you are to her.

It's wonderful to know that despite all you've been through, you have such a good relationship with your daughter. She is lucky to have a mother like you.

Hugs,
Polar Bear

8:33 PM, April 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home