Thursday, January 11, 2007

Genuinely sincere

Saw my gyne today, a doctor I first started going to 16 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. Hadn't made any appointments to see him during the last five years, so he just found out today that I'm on disability and why. You'd think he wouldn't care what my mental status is cuz it's not his specialty and he has a gazillion other patients, but today he offered more support in just a few short words than my actual family has offered my entire life.

He said "You know we're like family don't you? You can call me at anytime, for any reason." It wasn't his words that hit me, it was the way they were said with such genuine sincerity that made me start to cry. In that brief moment I felt someone truly cared and was being truly honest with me. I really believe that if I need someone to talk to, I could call him and he would not only listen to me, but also validate me and try to help in any way possible.

Strange to have that come from your gyne, but I've known him so long, he is like family to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is funny how the last person you would expect, can be the most supportive of you. In my case it was a bill collecter over medical while I was waiting for my SSI.

5:41 PM, January 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home