Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Researched quitting meds

After yesterday's post, I did some research online about quitting meds cold turkey and what problems to expect. I was unprepared for this site I found:

http://www.Quitpaxil.info

I wonder if the majority of the problems I've been having the last week are a result of just this one drug. I've had at least 90% of the symptoms in the list, with most of mine falling in the second & third columns. It's fucked up that Glaxo doesn't acknowledge the risk for debilitating withdrawal symptoms. Even more fucked up is that in the US, the FDA apparently isn't requiring them to do so and they are the ones in charge of this kind of shit.

Didn't sleep well last night. Probably got only about 2 hours of actual sleep before I finally gave up and got out of bed at 5 am. Kept thinking about things that were just pissing me off...the bullshit with the public aid office, the situation with the stupid fuckhead ex...stuff like that. Kept telling myself to just let it go, there was nothing I could do to resolve the problems until after the holiday, but it took awhile to actually do it and by then it was already 3 am.

Still feeling like shit, but doing a little better than yesterday. Hopefully in a few more days I will have fully recovered from this withdrawal. I was tempted to take a quarter of a pill of Paxil just to see if it would help ease the remaining withdrawal problems, but I decided that would just defeat the whole purpose of going off the meds to begin with. I've made it this far, I can hang in there a little longer.

Supposed to get our first snow of the season today. I'd probably be more excited about it if the wind wasn't blowing so hard. Took the kiddie to school this morning and it was freeeeeeeeezing outside and only because of the wind. The windchill has to be making it feel at least 20 degrees colder than it actually is. Be nice if we got hit with an unexpected blizzard and no one could come over tomorrow. But that's just me doing my wishful thinking again.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Sid, hope you get to feeling better.

9:48 PM, November 25, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home