Saturday, November 13, 2004

Upgraded the ex to stupid fuckhead

I've upgraded my ex from asshole to stupid fuckhead. Or is that a downgrade? Either way, I'm going to refer to him as the stupid fuckhead from now on.

I can't remember when the last time he came to see his daughter was. I know it wasn't last weekend because we weren't here, but he said he'd be busy unpacking so it was agreed it'd be okay for us to go to Milwaukee. He didn't see her the weekend before that because he was moving. He didn't come the weekend before that. I don't remember his lame excuse, but I know he didn't come see her because I took her out on my birthday. I can't remember any farther back then that.

He was supposed to come get her tonight after work but once again, he called and said he was too tired. How can a parent ever be too tired for their kid?? I can barely get out of bed most days, but still I do because I need to for the kiddie.

He swore when we first split up and she still lived with me that he didn't want to be one of those weekend warrior dads. He swore the same thing again after she came back to live with me after spending several months with him. Considering he doesn't even bother to see her on the weekends, I guess he's keeping his word. Unfortunately when he said that, I thought he meant he'd try to see her more often than just weekends. What a stupid fuckhead.

I personally think he's seeing someone else and would rather screw the bitch than spend time with his kid. After knowing him so long, I am trusting my instinct on this. I want to confront him about it, but I'm worried it'll just turn ugly. I'd rather keep our relationship civil...our daughter deserves that.

He'd probably tell me he's working long hours and not screwing around. He'll say he has to work so much to make money to take care of his daughter. Of course I'd yell back at him and tell him he's full of shit, he's not doing anything to care for his daughter. He's not coming to see her, the most he's ever paid me for child support was $100 and that was at least 2 months ago.

Of all the fathers I've met in my life, I never thought he'd be a dead beat dad. Guess that proves you can know someone for a long time, but never really know them at all. The stupid fuckhead!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why dont you take the jerk to court,he shouldnt be able to get away with that.What hes doing is illegal,you shouldnt have to put up with that crap,you have enough problems to deal with already. T.M.

10:04 PM, November 13, 2004  
Blogger Miss Defective said...

It's only illegal if you're actually divorced and there's a court order for child support. For me that's not the case because I haven't had the money to divorce the stupid fuckhead yet and he apparently has no intention of paying for it.

A friend of mine just told me about Legal Aid, which helps people with low or no income deal with legal issues for free or a reduced fee. I'm going to check into that this week. I'm hoping that once there is a court order for him to pay, he'll finally step up and take care of his financial obligation to his daughter.

I'm more interested in him spending quality time with her though. She needs her daddy. He was always a good dad, but now that he lives elsewhere it's as if though she is no longer a priority in her life.

2:47 PM, November 14, 2004  
Blogger naughtygirl said...

im really sorry to hear about your situation. i am a single mom of 24. i got pregnant when i was 17. my sons father told me to have the baby and promised that he wouldnt be a dead beat dad like the one i had, and i promised to never give him up for adoption like he had been.my son will be 6 years old in a few weeks and the only time he sees his dad is if i go home to visit my family. his dad does not call write or anything. so much for promises huh? we never hear from him, not holidays not ever. if my son asks for him i have to drive 2 and a half hours to go see him. the father has 2 other children that were born after mine, one the same age as mine. and he lives with them. funny how those children are important enough and mines not. its really sad that fathers dont take the responsibility they should. now my son goes to school and sees other kids with there fathers and he gets sad. although the situations are a little different i completely understand what you are saying. good luck and remember sometimes one parent can be two and its enough for the kids.

3:03 PM, November 14, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home