Friday, July 08, 2005

Pop goes the cork

Why is it that physical pain is far more bearable than the mental variety? I'm desperately trying not to go for the knives or a razor blade to relieve some of the anguish I'm feeling. Fearful that if I start cutting I won't stop. To offset my urge to cut, I'm acting on another urge instead, the urge to drink. I have just opened a bottle of my favorite merlot, and yes I do plan to drink the whole thing. My hope being that if I lose myself in a drunken stupor I can halt the onslaught of other self destructive desires.

Cheers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts excactly. Its much better than the pain.

Take care
Billy

7:50 PM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Polar Bear said...

Sid,
I'm sorry you feel so bad right now....

Indeed, physical pain is a lot easier to bear than emotional pain. Hope you hang in there somehow.

(((((Sid)))))
Polar Bear

9:42 PM, July 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please dont cut!!!

Billy

11:17 AM, July 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home