Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Shake myself free

2013 is finally over, and while 2014 is still in its infancy, I can already tell it's most likely going to be a year of confusion, with a healthy dose of disappointment added into the mix. It doesn't have to be, but in order to lessen the likelihood that will happen, I need to shake myself free of the growing desire I have for a particular gentleman. I need to stop following my heart and listen more to my brain. I know. Me? Listen to my brain? The one that deceives me every chance it gets? Unfortunately, this is one time when I think it's actually feeding me correct information. The two of us will never be more than just friends and I need to accept that.

If I can come to terms with that, I will probably be his best friend for a long time to come, or at least until he finds love with someone he wants to be with, which will probably be awhile since he has anxiety issues and I'm pretty much the only female he currently socializes with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home